Friday, March 10, 2006

Award!

The ways of the internet fascinate me. I uploaded YaRPNcalc (version 0.3) to FreewarePPC.com about a month ago. That was the only site I uploaded it to. A few days later, it was popping up on several other freeware sites, mostly non-english ones.

Three days ago I got an email from softonic.com. They told me that they added YaRPNcalc to their freeware listing and that YaRPNcalc has been awarded 3 1/2 stars (of 5). I thought: Wow! I already got an award. 4th best rating. They also offer an award badge you can include on your web site (which I did of course).

Softonic - Reviews and Downloads

The disappointment came when I looked at the different kinds (sizes) of badges they offer. The lowest rating they seem to give is actually 3 stars. So YaRPNcalc is actually rated 2nd worst! I got myself up again by telling myself that they certainly wouldn't list anything worse than 3 stars

2 Comments:

At 14/3/06 10:31, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My name is Eric Lussier. I'm the site director for Softonic.com. I just wanted to let you know that we do indeed give out 1 and 2 stars ratings but we do not provide award logos for them.

Rest easy... YaRPNcalc is going quite well with 3 and a half stars.

Thanks for visiting our site.

 
At 15/3/06 22:17, Blogger Philipp said...

That sounds reassuring :-)

And thanks man for visiting my site!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home